Friday, July 23, 2010

Yum!

Fall is coming, and for me, professionally, that means the return of the weekly chocolate workshop is also on its way. Amazingly, my boss and I are on the same page and being proactive in preparing for its return. Meetings have been scheduled, survey results have been analyzed, and we're actively trying to make this event more of a well-oiled machine, per se.

The first of the meetings was scheduled for today. Our two chocolatiers, myself and my boss all met to discuss how to initiate the evolution. My boss and I work out of different locations, so I left to meet everyone at his office. This being a story about me and my day, it will come as no surprise to everyone that as soon as I arrived at his office I realized that I left some important printouts on my desk, back at my office. Our offices are only 5 minutes from each other, so I decided it was worth turning around to get them, ultimately making me late to the meeting.

I rushed into the meeting, only 15 minutes late - which, let's be honest, is pretty good for me - and instead of hearing animated dicussion on survey results like I expected, they're talking about bacteria. More specifically, they're talking about bacteria found in infected piercings. Seriously. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Captain Obnoxious (my boss and my least favorite of our chocolatiers) are sitting there acting like middle school drop-outs, while our one refined and classy chocolatier is sitting there, legs crossed, lips pursed, hating her life and everyone in the room.

Way to legitimize your start up, bossman. Because your wardrobe courtesy of 'Life is Good' and duplex residential/commercial office set up (complete with sink full of dirty dishes and a litter box for your dog) aren't enough of a telltale sign that we're running a top notch joint here.

Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment