Thursday, September 2, 2010

Good Morning Vietnam!

Or, more accurately, good night friends! Before I officially say good night though, I need to get a decent post in. It's been AGES! I know how boring it is to listen to other people talk about their work, so I'll spare you all, but just know that that is what has kept me away. It's gotten really busy, and we have new people onboard so there's been a lot of training going on. Not fun, but apparently time flies regardless. I've missed this though!

A recap is completely out of the question, but he's what's been going on the last couple of days.

Help! My doll's fallen and she can't get up!

My niece, the beautiful Miss F., will be turning 7 this month, and she's gotten wise in her old age. Instead of waiting until her birthday to see what fate will bring her, she dictated a list of things she wants, all of them American Girl doll accessories and outfits. Things like Swim and Surf Outfit, Wilderness Outfit and Baby Carrier are on this list. And then, there's the black sheep of the list - a wheel chair. Girl wants a wheel chair for her dolls! Seriously! Lately it's like an episode of 'Kids Say The Darndest Things' with Miss F. During a recent conversation she told me that when her cat Flip dies she wants Uncle Eric to put him on the wall like the deer and bear in his bedroom. How flippin' cute is that?! Disturbing, of course, but really freaking adorable too!

I literally never thought I'd say this, but...

Alcohol and chocolate DON'T always work. Recently I was offered a cordial truffle, which apparently are illegal in the United States. When I heard this I thought, great, there's the U.S Government screwing things up again, but they were right. Really gross! I popped one in my mouth without hesitation, because, hello! Ying, meet my yang! Big mistake. Seriously. It was so over-poweringly alcohol. A shot of vodka may have less alcohol in it than these truffles. And it wasn't a good alcohol taste. It was like a sterilizing alcohol wipe was balled up and coated in dark chocolate. Blech!


I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.

I'm in love!

With the fall - gotcha! This is my absolute favorite time of year. Apple picking, mums, bales of hay, corn stalks and pumpkins - I'm seriously in heaven until November! Every year I hope and pray that we won't have an indian summer, and this year at least my wish is coming true. The leaves are starting to turn, the nights are getting cooler and we've even got a hurricane coming. If you could see me right now, you'd know that I'm squealing like Carrie Bradshaw. Ahh!

The AFI Top 100

Okay, before I search out the covers of my bed, it's worth mentioning the mission that MNM and I have undertaken. The goal is to see every movie on the AFI Top 100 list of the greatest movies. So far, I've seen 19 of them (but between you and me, I should probably rewatch a couple of them because it's been many, many years). This week I'll be watching The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby. Katherine Hepburn - seriously can't wait! I recently watched a self-narrated documentary on her. What a life! Everyone talks about her affair with Howard Hughes, but she barely touched on him in film. Her real love was Spencer Tracy, and to hear her reflect on their life together... it makes you believe in true love. Something to look forward to in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment